Types of Information Collected
- Traffic Data Collected. Ethics Metrics automatically tracks and collects aggregate data and information when a User visits this Site, including but not limited to, a User’s (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of web browser (collectively, “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous data broad demographic information that does not personally identify a User, but is helpful for administering our Site and improving a User’s experience on the Site. Ethics Metrics may share such non-personally identifiable Traffic Data with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers. As is the case with most web sites, Ethics Metrics also uses “cookies” to customize content specific to User’s interests.
- Personal Information Collected. In order for a User to access and use certain services Ethics Metrics offers via this Site, Ethics Metrics may require Users to provide information that personally identifies that User (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include: (i) a User’s name, title, employer, office telephone number, mailing and e-mail addresses (“Contact Data”); (ii) a User’s account, credit card number or other financial information (“Financial Data”); and (iii) demographic data, such as a User’s zip code and gender (“Demographic Data”). If a User communicates with Ethics Metrics by e-mail or otherwise completes an on-line form or survey, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
- Data and Reports Compiled or Generated Through the Site Services. As a part of certain services, Ethics Metrics compiles and stores data and information and generates reports related to User’s access to and use of such services (“Service Data and Reports”).
Use of Personal Information Collected
- Contact Data. Ethics Metrics uses Contact Data to send Users information about Ethics Metrics or our products or services, promotional material from selected partners, or to contact Users when necessary. By establishing an account with us, and each time you make a purchase through our Site, you grant permission for Ethics Metrics to contact you at your e-mail address. To stop receiving our marketing emails, send an e-mail to us at optout@EthicsMetrics.com. If a User would prefer not to receive direct communications from select advertisers or promotional partners that may be of interest, such User will be given an opportunity to opt-out of such communications, though Ethics Metrics may send Users information on their behalf. In all cases, we will use your information only as permitted by law.
- Financial Data. Ethics Metrics uses a User’s Financial Data to verify that User’s qualifications for certain products or services, order processing and to bill the User for products and services.
- Demographic Data. Ethics Metrics uses Demographic Data to customize and tailor the User’s experience on the Site, and to display content that Ethics Metrics thinks a User might be interested in according to that User’s preferences.
User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information
- Users may choose not to provide Ethics Metrics with any Personal Information. In such an event, Users can still access and use much of the Site; however, such Users will not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require User’s Personal Information.
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
User Ability to Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information
- In order to ensure that all of User’s Personal Information is correct and up-to-date, you or your Company Administrator may visit your personal profile at EthicsMetrics.com at any time. Through User’s personal profile you may review and update your Personal Information that Ethics Metrics has already collected.
Other Limits to Your Privacy
Disclosure of Customer Information through Business Transfers
- As Ethics Metrics continues to develop our business, Ethics Metrics may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, Personal Information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the unlikely event that a portion or substantially all of Ethics Metrics assets are sold or transferred to a third party, Personal Information would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
Special Notification for California Residents
- Under California law, individual customers who reside in California and have provided their personal information to Ethics Metrics may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, Ethics Metrics will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties.
- If you would like to exercise your rights under California law, please send your written request to optout@EthicsMetrics.com. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to optout@EthicsMetrics.com. Your request must include your postal address so that we may provide you with our notice and third party direct marketing opt-out form.
Consent to Privacy Statement
- At any time, you may revoke your consent, cease further use of your email address to send you updates, and direct Ethics Metrics to delete the information you have supplied. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify information in the databases, Ethics Metrics will make reasonable efforts to do so.
- Ethics Metrics welcomes your comments and questions. You may contact us using the following address and contact information:info@EthicsMetrics.com
DISCLAIMER & COPYRIGHT
The materials contained on this website are provided for general information only and do not constitute any form of advice. Ethics Metrics assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of any particular statement and accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may arise from reliance on the information contained on this site. Links to other websites from these pages are for information only and Ethics Metrics accepts no responsibility or liability for access to or the material on any website which is linked from or to this website. By providing links to other websites, Ethics Metrics does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these websites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to EthicsMetrics.com.
Copyright 2014. Ethics Metrics LLC. Save to the extent expressly permitted below, the context of these pages may not be reproduced or transmitted or made available on a network in whole or in part without the prior consent of EthicsMetrics.com. These pages may be downloaded or printed for your personal and private use provided that you make no alteration to any of these pages and you do not use any part of the pages in any work or publication in whatever medium stored.
Reproduction or distribution of Ethics Metrics’ trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos in any form is prohibited except with the prior written permission of Ethics Metrics LLC. Ethics Metrics, its affiliates and sources give no express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use. In no event shall Ethics Metrics, its affiliates or sources be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages in connection with Ethics Metrics.
Ethics Metrics™ and Ethics Metrics Ratings™ are the respective proprietary trademarks of Ethics Metrics LLC which all rights are reserved.
This material is issued subject to the laws of the state of Virginia and all matters arising from it or its use shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Virginia.
Ethics Metrics Ratings
Analytic services provided by Ethics Metrics’ ratings services (“Ratings Services”) are the result of separate activities designed to preserve the independence and objectivity of Ratings opinions. Ethics ratings issued by Ethics Metrics are solely statements of opinion and not statements of fact or recommendations to purchase, hold, or sell any securities or make any other investment decisions. Accordingly, any user of Ethics Ratings issued by Ethics Metrics should not rely on any such ratings or other opinion issued by Ethics Metrics in making any investment decision. Ratings are based on information received by Ethics Metrics.